Friday, November 19, 2010

A Magic Number


Globe, it is a momentous occasion. I have reached a grand total of 3 followers which makes for a grander total of 4ish readers. This is phenomenal because three plus three is six and six times three is eighteen and the eighteenth letter in the alphabet is "R" and "R" is the rating of the movie that I opted out of watching in my psychology class last night and the movie I didn't watch was called "awakening" and after I left I think they decided it wasn't actually R but that Espinosa is technology illiterate and couldn't play it and "awakening" is what I did this morning in order to tell you all this. I know, pretty legitimate if I do say so myself.

Writing of numbers, specifically the number three, I have this math class.I've always hated math classes. I'm not a big fan of numbers. Anyway this math class is actually really great. That  is, it was great until I failed that last test and got really behind on my homework. I have faith that it will get better though because my teacher is awesome and it uses mymathlab.com which is the greatest math tool of all time accept maybe wolframalpha. As I was saying, there are these things we learned about one time. They're called "log"s and you use them to find the inverse of exponential functions. But then we learned that you can only really solve them if certain rare things happen. That is, if the log becomes log10 or "lne". "e" is what I'm finally getting at here (just fyi,(and by "y" I mean any of my readers that are math heads) we continued to learn more about logs and how to do more stuff with them and we found those inverses). "e" is the natural number. Everytime my teacher said this I laughed because he was just like, "and that makes "e" which, you know, is the natural number and you know," and I had know (spelled that way on purpose) idea. Come to find out, "e" is a number kind of like pi that just pops out of nowhere all over the place in nature. I have never actually witnessed this but i hear it's pretty mind boggling. Anyway, wow this post is really tangenty, I've always had this theory about God's locker combination. Numbers that consistently pop up in the bible must be significant in some way to The Big Man and I figure they combine to open his locker. Sometimes he probably can just hit the locker just right and it opens, but other times he turns the dial and does it the right way. This natural number must be the number of his locker. Someday, probably a Sunday, if I come across a locker number "e", I'm going to have to try some combination of 3, 12, 7, and 40 and then I can steal His lunch money.

All this math makes me want to ask my vast audience a math question: what is the square root of a square root sign. WARNING: this math requires subconscious calculation which is the highest form of math.

Also, why did the math teacher go to Guantanamo Bay? Because she was teaching radicals.

More in number news, when I was transfered to night crew, my boss told me he wants night stalkers to throw (stock) 90 cases an hour but that most of the guys are throwing 60 or below. Well, my current cases per hour is 112. That's right. What now. (I chose a period because it's a statement. Stop questioning my grammar, I'm an English major)


OOOHH!! PS: if anyone wants to grow a friend with me I can hook them up with African hybrid teacup violets that are super cute and I hope they come in the mail soon because I ordered. more on this adventure to come.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I am a follower... and one that comments. But I don't do math! Nuff said!!

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete