Monday, November 22, 2010

Kansha Shimasu


That's right Globe, tis the season and it's coming. Therefore, it is time for the time where we say that important thing. But we can't say it until we have a word or couple hundred from our sponsor: the weekend. 

On Saturday I arose early, something I rarely do, and got in a bloody fight with that nearly tragically ended with a dead brother. Through this, I was able to attend the annual old people swap meet and go yard sailing very successfully. It's easy to go sailing when it's windy outside and windy it was. At the meet swap I purchased some Humate and Sea Kelp. For those of you that may not know I'm beginning a project I'm entitling "project grow a friend". This project entails me growing some African Hybrid Teacup Violets in my windowsill I've ordered the seeds, they haven't been shipped yet darnit, and the lady at the swap sold me the Humate and Kelp which will enrichify, nutrify, acidify and perfectify the growing environment for my friends. Using the bargaining skills I picked up during many excursions to mexico I talked her into giving me both the Humate and Kelp for the price of one bag of Kelp. Pretty nifty, I know. I'm thankful for Mexicans. At the various yard sales I attended I picked up some poker chips and an easy read book with no words. 

That night, I was texted into work at six instead of nine which was ridiculous and ridiculous because I finished the stuff they wanted me to do within the five hours I was scheduled and didn't need the three extra hours. It was also kind of nice because i got off at 11:56 instead of two and didn't even break the sabbath. Oh Yay. 

On Sunday it was more early mornining for me because church is already early and as the branch mission leader I must attend branch council which is an hour before. That night I was in charge of treats for branch prayer which I didn't attend, so I made my mom make some cookies and then went to the fireside I was singing at. The singing was good the speaker was ok. Speaking of the speaker, I'll do some analysis. He was a republican congressman who is now an old person. Therefore, he was a terrible speaker. That being said, while the man and I more than likely completely disagree politically it's no doubt that the United States of America has deep religious roots. Where I differ from conservatives is where I think the role of government is in religious affairs. The founders would agree with me that no religious principle aught to be imposed by government on the people. It is government's responsibility to create an environment accepting of all religious or not religious belief systems. It is true, as Brother Packard repeatedly said, that government officials should try to be ethically and morally straight but should not punish the American people for their sins. That's God's job. It would be ridiculous in the mind of any conservative for the government to order all people to be gay muslims. Likewise it is ridiculous that government should mandate the American people be straight and Christian. I did very much enjoy brother Packard's historical analysis, specifically that of the revolutionary war and G Washington's miraculous divinely inspired victories. I was also proud that he didn't jump on the tea party bandwagon of government established Christianity and that he didn't call democrats satan worshipers. 

SPEAKING OF SATAN! did you know you can make turkey out of Satan? You can . I learned about it the other day. 

In my last post, I asked a math question: "What is the square root of a square root sign?" Here's the answer

A Factor Tree With Square Roots

1 comment:

  1. Just a note... in my opinion.

    All political comments and statements should be kept out of church buildings and meetings.

    Nuff said.

    I love the yard 'sailing' info.

    ToOdLeS.

    ReplyDelete