Monday, September 27, 2010

Attention Globecans: Tribute to Running and Running


World, I have an Aunt. Yes, mothers who have children like me, often have sisters who claim their sister's children as nephews. Every once in a while they are inclined to claim them as nieces but that's only when the said children have anti-diverse chromosomes. I, fortunately have an anti-discrimination policy when it comes to chromosomes. I feel that x's an y's are essentially created equal and that they are both welcome. Where was I? Ah yes, the aunt that i have. I was recently informed via Facebook that this aunt of mine has taken up the practice of running again. What is this world coming to Globe? why can't people simply stick to their decisions. Why must we quit quiting? If you decide that exercise isn't for you then don't  feel inclined to pick back up again. We're losing something American here. What ever happened to good honest quitters in this nation?!

Running is a thing. I know this because I've done it. Now for my more lazy viewers, don't get me wrong. IT'S DANGEROUS AND I DON'T RECOMMEND IT! But it can be rather entertaining. When I was a freshman in the land of high school I was coerced by a rather ambitious cross country coach to do this thing every day after school without the comfort of a well established track. The majority of these experiences were negative, I came in last place in most of the races I competed in and I didn't much enjoy the running part of cross country. What I did enjoy was the running part of cross country. There were times when i would just move forward and forget about everything I was feeling and just move and I would forget that i was running all together. I would float. I would fly. I would soar over hills and through bushes. I would prance through marked paths as well as short cuts. I ended up quitting. It just wasn't for me. It was however for me.

You may be wondering what I mean by some of these things. Well you have to hypothesize the tone of my voice to differentiate between two different words I'm using here. One is running, which is that terrible form of exercise that many people feel is important because it makes them more fit. This enables them to feel good about themselves for doing something they don't enjoy in order to get something they do enjoy. That enjoyable thing is thin. The other term I've been using is running. This running is what water does constantly. Water is a great Globecan success story. It runs everywhere and it's regarded as the most important substance on this greenish blue marble. Running is fantastic. It's what you do when you just want the wind in your face, the adrenaline in your veins and the endorphins in your brain. It's when you're running away from something that you don't want to catch you or running toward something that is running away. It's the feeling of the hunter and the hunted and it's something uniquely Globecan. Things from other planets don't run; they fly.

There are some shout outs to shout out at this point. The first is to my first follower, who happens to be an aunt of mine who hasn't been yet mentioned. The second is the yet mentioned aunt who has recently quit quitting running. Go get it aunties! The third is for my mother who runs my life. Thank you female parent, you have serviced me well. Well,  I've run out of runs to run, so until I run into/over you or someone related to you, run clean, run fast, run away from the past and run in the future.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm
    run into josh and hug him!
    I know I do :)
    I sure do love you adult human boy
    ROCK ON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running.
    I quit!
    Oops... I never started.
    How do you quit something you never started?
    Bad knees.
    Drill team.
    (looking back I would have skipped drill team and saved the knees)
    Uncle Tony has a view on running... especially those that enjoy distance running.
    Why?
    Why run that far when we have vehicles?
    Yep that is his take on the subject.

    ToOdLeS dear Globecan Nephew.

    ReplyDelete